Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
Can't find the item you want in your local catalog? Try our new Interlibrary Loan request process.
Welcome to the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service at Pasadena Public Library. Please take a moment to read the following before proceeding with your request.
ILL service is available at Pasadena Public Library to established library customers who meet the following criteria:
- Library account must be active for at least three (3) months.
- Library account must be free of fines, fees and/or usage blocks.
- Library account cannot be expired or temporary.
Some limitations on requests do apply:
- Items owned by Pasadena Public Library cannot be requested through the ILL service, regardless of status. All requests placed for such
items will be cancelled. Please check the library catalog or ask a library employee for assistance.
- Items on new status cannot be requested through the ILL service.
- Customers cannot exceed 5 requests at a time.
Please note that ILL materials may take up to six weeks to arrive. Some requests may be cancelled by lending agencies if items are unavailable.
Customers must present their library card in order to pick up ILL materials. Items may be renewed one (1) time if the lending library approves. All requests
for renewal must be made in advance of the due date. Fees will apply for late and unreturned material.
If you have questions about your ILL request, please contact your local library at (281) 998-1095 ext: 15
Instructions for requesting Interlibrary Loan Materials
Using the TexasGroup catalog
- Search for material using the basic default search or the Advanced Search.
- A list of search results will appear. To narrow your search results, use the options on the left side.
- When you have decided on a specific record, click on the title.
- Check to be sure that your local library does not own the title.
- Scroll down to click on the Request Item button.
- Choose your local library from the resulting drop-down list. Note that you should check the
"Keep me logged in" box unless you are on a public computer.
- Click Continue and log in with your last name and library card number.
- On the Request this item screen, complete all required fields and any other pertinent information.
- Click Continue to submit your request.
Your ILL requests can be reviewed by logging in to My Requests once you are on the Texas Group page. This option is found
under the top-left Texas Group Catalog link.